Re: Deadlocks when writing in parallell (two processes)

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Tuesday, April 01, 2008 1:43 PM +0200 Stelios Grigoriadis <stelios.xx.grigoriadis@ericsson.com> wrote:

I see in the code that a key (the same it seems to be) is repeatedly
written, and a comment is stating that
/* Don't worry if it's already there */ (line 862 in
servers/slapd/back-bdb/idl.c).

Is this to be expected or have we done something wrong?

It is to be expected.

In testing we did @ Zimbra, we found it to be substantially slower to do writes in parallel than to just serialize the writes. I suggest you rework your process. ;)

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc

Actually, we're not trying to speed things up by writing in parallell. It just happens that the clients are on different machines and writes to the ldap master. So serialization is not an option.

/Stelios