Re: OpenLDAP Group ACL

Sir,

I modified my settings and added the following group:

dn: cn=pwmanager,ou=Group,dc=mydomain,dc=com
objectClass: posixGroup
objectClass: top
cn: pwmanager
userPassword: {crypt}x
gidNumber: 550
memberUid: l_luke
memberUid: w_smith

I also modified my ACL in the slapd.conf:

access to attr=userPassword
        by self write
        by anonymous auth
        by group/groupOfNames/member="cn=pwmanager,ou=Group,dc=mydomain,dc=com" write
        by * none
access to *
        by self write
        by group/groupOfNames/member="cn=pwmanager,ou=Group,dc=mydomain,dc=com" write
        by * read

I used the same command trying to change the user's password but received the exact same error. Would you please help? You mentioned that the nisNetgroup object doesn't fit in the ACL configuration in your previous reply. I had defined netgroups looked like the following:

dn: cn=Sales,ou=Netgroup,dc=mydomain,dc=com
objectClass: nisNetgroup
objectClass: top
cn: Sales
nisNetgroupTriple: (,c_parks,mydomain.com)
nisNetgroupTriple: (,j_berryhill,mydomain.com)
nisNetgroupTriple: (,b_chen,mydomain.com)

Would there be a way for me to use the netgroup and its members for any ACL type of access?

Your help will be highly appreciated!