Re: ways to connect to IBM Lotus Directory

Ildar Mulyukov wrote:

I want to replicate an IBM Lotus Directory version 8 to my OpenLDAP server.

You mean Domino/LDAP 8.x? Mainly it's just the LDAP interface to the Notes address book.

Does anyone have such an experience?

Partially.

I was thinking of several questions:
1. I need IBM attributes, objectClasses etc. to use as an additional OpenLDAP schema.

You can add those schema elements to your OpenLDAP installation. Not everything makes sense though. Think about your schema carefully. Make sure to clearly investigate what your LDAP clients need.

1a. Is it possible to create a schema file using LDAP schema discovery?

What do you mean with LDAP schema discovery? I'd dive into the subschema subentry of Domino/LDAP. It's accessible like that of any other LDAPv3 server.

2. Is Syncrepl of any use here?

Nope, since Domino/LDAP cannot act as syncrepl provider.

3. As a last resort I could use ldapsearch+ldapadd as soon as I get Lotus schema.

Yes. Depending on the size of the database you could query the timestamp operational attributes. Cannot test myself since I don't have a Domino server running here.

Ciao, Michael.

--
Michael Ströder
E-Mail: michael@stroeder.com