Having troubles compiling openldap

Folks,

There is probably an easy answer to this, however, I am stuck trying to compile openldap:

getpeereid.c: In function 'lutil_getpeereid':
getpeereid.c:64: error: storage size of 'peercred' isn't known
make[2]: *** [getpeereid.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/openldap-2.4.8/libraries/liblutil'
make[1]: *** [all-common] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/openldap-2.4.8/libraries'
make: *** [all-common] Error 1

The struct type has its prototype in file sys/ucred.h but on linux (or at least all the variants I looked at), this is not a typical system file and google leads me to believe this is a BSD/BSD-variant system header.

I am building with gcc4.3 and a linux w/2.4.25 kernel.

Any clue what I am doing wrong here?  Thanks!