Re: ldap_add: Server is unwilling to perform (53) error:

shanmuga priya wrote:
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 12:13 AM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>
wrote:

--On Tuesday, March 18, 2008 12:12 AM +0530 vinodh kumar
<vinstce@gmail.com> wrote:

so , we need to add a entry objectclass : account in our .ldif  file
right???
and do i need to add the above in schema file ????

sorry if my doubt is silly!! bare with me :)
If you have loaded the cosine schema, then all you need to do is add the
objectClass: account into your ldif file.

hello sir.. i am also one in that project..well we already loaded cosine schema..and it contains account ..as you said we added object class account in our ldif file..but still we are getting the very same error??where are we missing???

As I already stated multiple times in my previous replies, you had NULL add rules and now you have empty ("") add rules in your ldap_oc_mapping/ldap_attr_mapping tables. Unless you tell the backend how to store objectclasses and attributes in the database, the backend can't do anything but complain that the operation cannot be performed. This is clearly stated in the documentation, and is illustrated with examples for those RDBMSes that supported the required features at the time of back-sql development.

To step further back, since you appear to not understand the basics of back-sql operation, I wonder if you understood the implications of using it as your primary storage. I suggest you entirely review the basic design of your project before you proceed any further in deploying back-sql.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.