Re: Loading the refint module globally?

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 07:08 +0100, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> > Is the refint module synchronous or transaction based?
>
> Asynchronous, but no transaction.  It does its best to preserve
> integrity, but in case of failure errors are just logged and do not
> alter the result of the add operation.

OK.  I really need it to be synchronous, within a transaction.  If the
linked DN is invalid, then I need the whole operation to have never
happened.  I test certain invalid operations in this test script, which
is probably why we end up here.

I'm beginning to suspect this is in direct conflict with my first
requirement, to operate globally...

> > I'm seeing some *very* odd effects in my test script, that could be
> > explained if the overlay did it's work asynchronously after returning
> > success to the client (for the original operation).
> >
> > Things I'm seeing are:  When loaded as a per-database overlay, the
> > search for:
> >
> > member=member=CN=ldaptestuser4,CN=ldaptestcontainer2,DC=samba,DC=example,DC=com
>
> Do you mean
> '(member=CN=ldaptestuser4,CN=ldaptestcontainer2,DC=samba,DC=example,DC=com)'
> ?

Yes, sorry, cut&paste typo...

Andrew Bartlett

--