Re: LDAP Writes are not propagated to mirror nodes.

Gavin Henry wrote:
K C, Sachin (Sachin) wrote:
Gavin,

	Find in the attached the config files for 2 nodes (node1.conf
and node2.conf)
	initial.ldif file contains the LDIF data.

Well I've spent 3 hours tonight testing various settings and operations; adding/deleting/modifying etc.

It seems very inconsistent. For example, I'll add 5 new users on node2
and node1 will only add one of them and stop at:

bdb_dn2entry("o=org")
bdb_entry_get: rc=0
bdb_dn2entry("o=org")
bdb_modify_internal: 0x00000001: o=ORG
bdb_modify: modify failed (16)
send_ldap_result: conn=-1 op=0 p=0
null_callback : error code 0x10
syncrepl_updateCookie: rid=001 be_modify failed (16)

I took a look at this just now. This is a (stupid) interaction between syncrepl and syncprov's checkpoint; syncprov has already updated the contextCSN so when syncrepl tries to delete the old value it fails because syncprov has already deleted it.

The simple workaround for now is to just turn off the syncprov-checkpoint. It's unnecessary in the mirror/multimaster config since syncrepl will always keep the contextCSN up to date itself.
--
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com