Re: Could I import the data through the slapadd what I export by the ldapsearch

--On Wednesday, March 05, 2008 7:49 PM +0800 äè <cress.hp@gmail.com> wrote:

There are  6,000,000 records in my openldap directory, I want to backup
the data, but I found that the slapcat isn't work  when the file
id2entry.dbb size over 2G, so I export the data by ldapsearch, but after
I use slapadd to import the data to the backup server, there are some
strange error happened, some records can't be add to the ldap correctly,
and the record coundn't be searched by ldapsearch. As the same time,
others data can be correctly operated.

Operation system is the redhat linux 9.0.
The verson of openldap is 2.0.27, use ldbm. Because there are too many
records so I couldn't upgrade the version of the openldap .
I thought mybe the record format is not correct that I exported by
ldapsearch and imported by slapadd, because the ldif file lost
entryUUIDãentryCSN... and so on.

Do an ldapsearch across the entire tree, dumping the database to a file. I personally wouldn't worry much about the operational attributes as they've changed format over the years between 2.0 and the current 2.4. If you really want them, do a * + search so you get operational as well. Once you have the ldif file, set up a *second server* and test adding the entries to it.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc