Fwd: GSSAPI contexts used in multiple threads

As part of the discussion of adding additional thread safety guarantees to
MIT Kerberos's GSS-API implementation to support OpenLDAP's use case, Sam
Hartman had the following additional questions about how OpenLDAP uses
SASL in such a way as to run into this problem.  I'm happy to forward
answers back to him.  I don't understand the usage well enough to explain
it myself.