Re: Missing Syntax

Howard Chu wrote:
Michael Ströder wrote:
Howard Chu wrote:
Michael Ströder wrote:
Nik Svoboda wrote:
I have noticed that in the openldap system I am using, the schema has
a missing syntax. This syntax is "1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.58" ;
"Substring Assertion".
According to CVS, Substring Assertion was added to OpenLDAP on
2007-May-17. Your version of OpenLDAP must be extremely old.

Looks like a typo in my original email. 2000-May-17, i.e., it would have been in everything from OpenLDAP 2.0 onward.

Maybe he asked because it's not listed in the subschema subentry.
Don't know whether that would be useful though.

Hm, interesting. It's not explicitly hidden in the source. (Nor would there be any reason to, since it's part of the core LDAPv3 spec.) Perhaps someone should file an ITS on it.

/bin/done

http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi?findid=5399

Ciao, Michael.