Re: Missing Syntax

Nik Svoboda wrote:

I have noticed that in the openldap system I am using, the schema has a missing syntax. This syntax is "1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.58" ; "Substring Assertion". This is referenced in matching types using partial matching of strings (exactsubstringsmatch, numericStringSubstringsMatch, ...). I am fairly new to these subjects and do not understand fully how they operate.

What do you mean which "matching types"? "Matching rules" or "attribute types"?

Is there a way to correct this?

Depends on what you really want to achieve. Can you tell us? Looking into RFC 2252 and RFC 3698 I cannot imagine what you want.

Are the syntaxes and matching types specified in a way that can be modified dynamically?

Syntaxes and their matching rules have to be coded in C. There's no dynamic configuration for these.

Ciao, Michael.

--
Michael Ströder
E-Mail: michael@stroeder.com