From: openldap-technical-bounces+sachinkc=alcatel-lucent.com@openldap.org [mailto:openldap-technical-bounces+sachinkc=alcatel-lucent.com@openldap.org] On Behalf Of Rui Ramos
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 2:48 PM
To: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: LDAP replication

Hello *

 I'm having troubles setting the following LDAP arquitecture. And desperatly need some advices.

 The architecture is formed by a master ldap server (CORE) and several slaves (EDGES).
 They all have a non standard schema that is required for the project we  are working on.

 So one of my questions is:

 Is it possible to replicate data from CORE to EDGEs machines using slurpd or syncrepl, and still have the abbility to change some atributes in slaves directly ? if not what could be a possible solution for this ?

 One of this EDGE machine require atribute translation. We manage to set this working with slurpd replogfile.

 So we can have this:

 B -> C

Where B replicates LDAP data to C slave using slurpd.

But when we try to add the Master server to this:

A -> B -> C

Where A replicates to B with synrepl. replog isn't created for the B -> C replication.

So my other questions are:

 - Can slurpd and syncrepl be used in the same server ?
 - Can a ldap server be configured as master/slave ?
 - What would be your sugestions for solving this issue ?

Using openldap 2.3.27-8

 Best Regards, Rui

- --
Rui Ramos
Universidade do Porto - IRICUP
Praça Gomes Teixeira, 4099-002 Porto, Portugal
email: rramos[at]reit.up.pt
phone: +351 22 040 8164