Re: ldap_add: Server is unwilling to perform (53) error:

vinodh kumar wrote:
> hello all,
>
> we are trying to setup a ldap server which uses the mysql as back-end
> instead of bdb backend.we have installed slapd and ldap-utils
>  in debian-etch .we also have installed mylibodbc,
> mysql-client-5,mysql-server-5. we have established the mysql-ODBC
> connectivity and tested the connectivity using
> isql.we have configured the slapd.conf file to connect mysql  and when we
> tried to add entries using ldapadd , we get the following err
>
>     ldap_add: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
>          additional info: operation not permitted within namingContext
>

> this is the slapd.conf
> file

Do you realize that most of the directives in your slapd.conf are
back-bdb specific, and thus meaningless when using back-sql?  Do you
realize that back-sql is NOT a transparent replacement for back-bdb?
How did you define the LDAP to SQL mappings in the database?  Did you
read <http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/978.html>?  Did you
ultimately read <http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/378.html>?

Short answer to your specific problem: back-sql needs specific mapping
between LDAP and SQL data to allow writing (in that case, adding an
entry).  Probably, you didn't provide any.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.