Re: Limit daily query number

Gavin Henry wrote:
> <quote who="cariparo\@libero\.it">
>> Thanks Gavin,
>> We have a LDAP service for out customers, under subscription, and we want
>> to release a light free service for everyone on Internet, by narrowing the
>> daily queries number.
>> I'm thinking to create a PHP bridge, so free customers call a php page
>> instead to connecting directly to LDAP server, and mantain an IP list on
>> MySQL. Any other idea?

What you need would best be dealt with by a custom overlay.  I suggest
you look at overlay development (servers/slapd/overlays/slapover.txt,
<http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1169.html>), or hire someone
that can develop it for you.

<advertisement>
One of SysNet's specialties is custom overlay development
<http://open.sys-net.it>
</advertisement>

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati