Re: Red Hat RPMs?

On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 10:00 +0000, Gavin Henry wrote:
> BTW, has anyone over the history of the "well-known" broken Red Hat RPMs
> raised bug reports etc. and had any response? I'm not sure what effort
> has been put into this and whether it's worth picking it up again?

I really do think this is worth picking up.

> As most users first experience of OpenLDAP is via the RH and Fedora
> RPMs, I think some effort (if it's not a waste of time again) should be
> put into trying to raise our concerns, as it harms the project in the
> long run.
>
> Currently we have SuSE, Mandriva and Debian guys on the lists who care
> (you all know who you are ;-) ).
>
> Anyone from Red Hat or Fedora here?

One thing I would mention is that Fedora is now a much more open project
than it has been in the past.  I'm sure some upstream co-maintainers
would be very welcome, to the benefit of all parties.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett
http://samba.org/~abartlet/