Re: syncrepl, database is not complete...

--On Sunday, February 17, 2008 8:32 PM +0100 Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:

Alain Siani <asiani@free.fr> writes:

Hello,

My problem :
I would like to have a replication server and i don't understand why all
data are not copied to the replication server,
i use rootdn to do sync...i should be able to copy all data...it start
to copy but don't copy all data...

LDAP version :
Source and copy are the same server : openldap-2.3.27-8

This is a very old 2.3 release. Many fixes to OL syncrepl mechanism have been made since then. I highly advise you to run a current release.

you need operational attributes and user attributes to be
synchronized, that is, if you want to define a attribute filter it
should be attrs="*","+", but read man slapd.conf(5) on syncrepl
filters.

Just to note, *,+ is the default if no attrs= statement is specified, which generally should be used unless the user really knows what they are doing.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc