ldap_initialize failure

Hi All,

   I am receiving an LDAP_NO_MEMORY return from ldap_initialize on my Linux box.  This error only occurs when the my application  is executed from another process.  If I start the app from the command line, everything works fine.   I've spent some time looking at the source code and manual pages .  The error seems to be coming from the call to LDAP_INT_GLOBAL_OPT.    After that I'm getting lost in the macros and #defines .  Does anyone have any ideas about this problem?

Thanks
Ron Rogers