Re: Unique id for each ldap entry

Rakesh Yadav wrote:

I got your idea about entryUUID, but can u give me some idea about how can i retrieve the value of entryUUID for each entry if it is supported by LDAP system.

Since it's an operational attribute it is not returned by default from OpenLDAP. You have to explicitly request it or request all operational attributes with +.

Example (lines might be wrapped):
ldapsearch -b "dc=stroeder,dc=de" -s base "(objectClass=*)" "*" entryUUID

or

ldapsearch -b "dc=stroeder,dc=de" -s base "(objectClass=*)" "*" +

Ciao, Michael.