Re: migrating to another server - restore problem - slapcat slapadd

Quanah Gibson-Mount skrev, on 24-01-2008 18:07:

[...]

I think you are confusing Operating System with OpenLDAP Server version. As Howard noted, you were using OpenLDAP 2.0, which is years out of date. I assume you are now using whatever release ships with Fedora Core 8.

However, you've previously (correctly IMNSHO) written that one shouldn't use Red Hat's OL offerings. One should use an alternative (there are a number of reasons for this). You have mentioned the only viable alternative many times. You can not have your cake and eat it too :).

Best,

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw