RE: Need a multi-client schema

Thanks for the replies. Is there another way of doing this? Instead of
trying to create some super-schema for my server (which would be
outdated every time any of the clients altered its schema), could I not
simply replace each client's schema with a consistent one?

Let's say that the three clients I want to share contacts are Outlook,
Evolution and Thunderbird. Would it be possible to use the AD schema for
the LDAP server and for all three clients, replacing the default
schemata of Evolution and Thunderbird?

If this is not possible, how would the super-schema solution propagate
changes made by one client to the data visible to another? (Presumably
this is where "back-relay and the rewrite overlay" come in - will have
to read up on these.)

I found the Evolution schema, though I don't know how up-to-date it is:

http://cvs.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/SPECS/openldap/evolutionperso
n.schema?view=co

... so I can try combining it with the Mozilla schema and see how far I
get before taking on Outlook. Does anyone know where to find the AD
schema? I can find dozens of pages about it, but can't actually download
it from any of them.

Yet another way of looking at this is to consider that the combination
of core, cosine and inetorgperson provides all the fields you need in a
basic address book, and it should be possible to get all the clients (at
least the non-MS ones) using that.

I'll report back if I make any progress, but Google shows that people
have been struggling with this problem since the dawn of LDAP, so I'm
not overly optimistic.

CC

This e-mail may contain information which is confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright protected. This e-mail is intended for the addressee only. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer