Re: sles 10 synchronize 2 ldapservers

On Tuesday 15 January 2008 17:42:08 bakkerru wrote:
> Question:
>
> How can i sychronize the users and groups of 2 ldap servers. 1 is setup as
> pdc with samba and openldap (SLES10) domain "off.company.nl" and the other
> is our mailserver installed with ldap and openexchange (SLES9.3) domain
> mail.company.nl. how can i sync the users between both. The mailserver is
> in a DMZ.

You seem to have two issues here, and you're not clear which one you are
trying to address.

1)Are you trying to merge the contents of two different directories?
or
2)Are you trying to ensure that the contents of the directory on one server is
available on another server?
or
3)both?

I am not aware of tools to merge the contents of two directories, but you
could either do it manually, or write some scripts (which would depend on the
contents of the directories).

Once you have one directory containing all the information, use the
replication tools which are provided to keep the directory in sync across
your two servers. To be able to recommend which replication tool to use, you
need to supply the versions of OpenLDAP you are using (which may generate a
recommendation to upgrade at least one of them ...).

Regards,
Buchan