Relative Distinguished Name searches

In Samba4, I currently have a module that creates and maintains the
'name' attribute for our AD look-alike.  Unlike in other systems, where
this is related to 'cn', in AD this is always the relative distinguished
name.

I wondered if it might be possible (by some extended matching of some
kind) to transform a search of 'name=foo' into something that does not
require the manual maintenance of a samba4RDN attribute?

(such a matching might then avoid problems if, in future, we allow
clients direct access to the backend).

Any thoughts?

Andrew Bartlett
--