Re: syncrepl_del_nonpresent and syncrepl issues.

--On May 13, 2010 9:09:52 AM +0900 Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net> wrote:

You should use the supported tools to migrate your database -- slapcat
the master, then slapadd that to the replica... Same with rebuilding the
master. That is the only officially supported upgrade path from 2.3 ->
2.4.

I did try that too. 'slapcat' took 6 minutes, and 'slapadd' to an empty
directory wanted 15hours. If I move the ldif file to the x4500 where I
have 16GB of /tmp, I can 'slapadd' it all in 13 minutes, then rsync the
data back to the master and disk (3 minutes).

Sounds to me like you haven't properly tuned your database then. I suggest you read up on properly tuning a DB_CONFIG file (and possibly using a shared memory key as part of that), and I'm guessing you didn't use the -q flag with slapadd?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer