Re: syncrepl_del_nonpresent and syncrepl issues.

--On May 12, 2010 11:52:02 AM +0900 Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net> wrote:

I first upgraded the LDAP master. I tried various techniques, since I
can't use db_upgrade directly. But the new 2.4.21 is happy to sync
against the old 2.3.41, so I think I will simply run it in parallel until
I am sure it has caught up. (You guys have a clever way to test and know
when LDAP syncrepl has caught up?)

You should use the supported tools to migrate your database -- slapcat the master, then slapadd that to the replica... Same with rebuilding the master. That is the only officially supported upgrade path from 2.3 -> 2.4.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer