Re: Consumer bdb log explosion

On Tue, 4 May 2010, Mark.Hendricks@humboldt.edu wrote:

We are running slapd 2.3.43 (Using bdb db4-4.3.29-10.el5) with one provider and two consumers and syncrpl (kerberos/SASL based).
Occasionally when heavy changes to the provider are made, the consumer bdb logs go crazy and fill up the bdb volume.

Remove unnecessary log files prior to volume fill, hopefully in conjunction with a sane backup procedure (I don't know what ldap-hot-backup is, but hopefully it eventually calls slapcat(8) and that output gets put somewhere safe). I assume "10MB file per second" refers to transaction log file size, which sounds like sufficient granularity to remove in a timely fashion in most installations.