Re: slow slave performance

--On Monday, March 29, 2010 11:41 AM -0700 Jefferson Davis <jdavis@standard.k12.ca.us> wrote:

not quite the answer I was hoping for...

However, I will look for more updated repo's - this 2.2 is the latest
and greatest for rhel/centos 4.8...

While i'm not averse to compiling source, it's generally simpler to
maintain via package mgt than patching/compiling, etc...

and wholesale upgrade of server os is not an option I want to look at
right now.

In the meantime... nothing I can do w/2.2?

You can try basic tuning (via DB_CONFIG for Berkeley DB) and the cachesize. But some of the options for tuning available in later releases are not valid for 2.2.

For running a production LDAP service, I near always recommend building and maintaining it yourself.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer