Re: max open files

On Mar 18, 2010, at 9:24 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:

> we can only go with the legal framework that we have available.

Most certainly.

Often folks forget that there are both technical and non-technical reasons for taking courses of actions in software projects.  A project need to do what it believes to be most appropriate.

As Howard notes, many software projects including the OpenLDAP Project ship only their source.

I note that here are both technical and non-technical reasons why a project might take such a course.  For instance, lack of expertise in packaging for various platforms might be technical reason.   Issues of legal liability might be a non-technical reason.

There are both technical and non-technical reasons behind the OpenLDAP Project practice to ship only source code to OpenLDAP Software.

Regards, Kurt