Re: SASL /usr/lib/sasl2/App.conf configuration (SOLVED)

On 2/17/10 9:35 AM, Francis Swasey wrote:
> I am attempting to set up OpenLDAP 2.4 on an RHEL5 system.  I have applied patches that rename
> the OpenLDAP binaries to append 2.4 to the name, so it can co-exist with the standard RHEL5
> rpms without causing issues.

For anyone that cares, I did finally solve this issue.  Turns out that on a 64-bit RHEL5
system, that you have to put the slapd.conf file in both /usr/lib/sasl2 and /usr/lib64/sasl2.
I stumbled on that after I built my RPM on a 32-bit system and installed that version and it
worked.

Perhaps there was some Red Hat documentation that I should have read.