Re: Authentication Issue

--On Friday, March 12, 2010 7:24 AM +0000 Richard Golding <richard.golding@zen.co.uk> wrote:

I am trying to setup a server and running into an issue whereby I cannot
authenticate using the rootdn. (I am new to OPENLDAP so apologies in
advance if this is a basic question)

The problem is I get "Invalid Credentials" returned

Here is an excerpt from my Slapd.conf file

database bdb
suffix "dc=my-domain,dc=com"
checkpoint 1024 15
rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com"
# Cleartext passwords, especially for the rootdn, should
# be avoided. See slappasswd(8) and slapd.conf(5) for details.
# Use of strong authentication encouraged.
rootpw secret
rootpw {crypt}ijFYNcSNctBYg

Don't use crypt passwords. Use the slappasswd command to generate yourself a nice SSHA hash.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer