syncrepl failure over time

Hi,

openldap-2.3.43
db4-4.3.29
CentOS 5.3

We're observing that syncrepl with refreshandpersist is failing at some point after an ldap restart. I've written a script to try to figure out exactly when, but it's sometime within 24 hours.

A slapd restart on the consumer always picks up any pending changes.

Here's our configuration:

syncrepl provider:
database        bdb
overlay ppolicy
ppolicy_default "cn=default,ou=policies,dc=clarku,dc=edu"
#readonly   on
overlay syncprov
suffix          "dc=clarku,dc=edu"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,ou=Services,dc=clarku,dc=edu"
rootpw          --snip--
directory       /var/lib/ldap
checkpoint  5120 60
cachesize 50000
idlcachesize 150000
dbconfig set_cachesize 0 524288000 1
dbconfig set_lg_regionmax 262144
dbconfig set_lg_bsize 2097152
dbconfig set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

sizelimit 30
conn_max_pending 400
concurrency 25
threads 25
limits dn="cn=Replicator,ou=Services,dc=clarku,dc=edu" size=none

syncrepl consumer:
database        bdb
overlay ppolicy
ppolicy_default "cn=default,ou=policies,dc=clarku,dc=edu"
#readonly   on
suffix          "dc=clarku,dc=edu"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,ou=Services,dc=clarku,dc=edu"
rootpw          --snip--
directory       /var/lib/ldap
checkpoint  5120 60
cachesize 50000
idlcachesize 150000
dbconfig set_cachesize 0 524288000 1
dbconfig set_lg_regionmax 262144
dbconfig set_lg_bsize 2097152
dbconfig set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

syncrepl rid=001
       provider=ldap://nyx.clarku.edu
       type=refreshandpersist
       searchbase="dc=clarku,dc=edu"
       scope=sub
       retry= 30 10 120 +
       bindmethod=simple
       binddn="cn=Replicator,ou=Services,dc=clarku,dc=edu"
       credentials=--snip--

best,

Aaron Bennett
Clark University ITS