Re: Ambiguous SSL/TLS error messages from slapd

On 2/19/2010 4:03 PM, masarati@aero.polimi.it wrote:
Any suggestions on getting these errors to actually print?

$ slapd -d stats
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.X (Feb 12 2010 08:50:42) $
	masarati@mbdyn-nb.aero.polimi.it:/home/masarati/Lavoro/masarati/Ldap/ldap-devel/servers/slapd
TLS: could not use certificate `noaccess/cert.crt'.
TLS: error:0200100D:system library:fopen:Permission denied bss_file.c:352
TLS: error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib bss_file.c:354
TLS: error:140AD002:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file:system lib
ssl_rsa.c:470
main: TLS init def ctx failed: -1
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

Something like this?

p.

Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for. The problem in my case is that these errors go to stdout and are not logged via syslog. Even with full debugging turned on, you will see no such errors printed to logs, although all the other data is. This doesn't jive well with many systems in which the daemons are started via scripts (FreeBSD / NetBSD rc.d, linux init.d) in which daemon output to stdout is often lost.