Re: Understanding Synchronization Problem using syncrepl

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Andrea Cirulli <acirulli@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I work on an important infrastructure of 20 LDAP Servers, One Producer and
> 19 consumers.
> We are migrating on multimaster-mode achieving 22 server, 2 Producers ( in
> mirror mode ) and 20 consumers.
> I'm here to asking all which is the better way for understanding if all the
> LDAP servers are synchronized.
> We want to create some tools for checking periodically whether there is some
> consumer not yet synchronized or not.
> Could you suggest me something?
> We were thinking on analyzing entryCSN, however if we are going to analyze
> all of them could lead in an overload problem since we are dealing with more
> then 3 Millions of objects, and we want to check the sync at least every X
> minutes and not Hours or day.....
> Many Thanks in advance

Hi Andrea,

I wrote a Python script that compare the contextCSN values of a
provider and its consumer. I have noticed that in the mirror mode
configuration the contextCSN attribute on the providers hold multiple
values.

I am working on migrating my OL platform to a similiar setup (but with
less read-only consumers). Which replication method are you using:
syncrepl or delta-syncrepl? Are your providers sharing a virtual IP
address with the help of a heartbeat failover mechanism and are your
consumers replicating using this specific IP address?

Thanks.

--
Sam