Re: trouble with openldap >2.4.16

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:
>From adb on "myunhappyserver" i get (in response to "adb slapd
core_qgpro01_slapd_404_404_1260924086_4710") :

Sounds like a question for Sun to me.  If their patch levels fix the bug, then it must be a problem they know about?

I expect that patching (or staying at 2.4.16) might fix my problems, but was thinking more along the lines that if this was an instance of an already existing but subtle openldap bug that is hard to track down, then this might be an opportunity to track it down whilst it is visible, regardless of the patching issue trigger. There will be some delay until i can patch the server in question, due to external dependancies, but there would be a small window for investigation.

I was thinking of ITS#6200 but is looks like :
This trace looks like the problem fixed in ITS#6335. The fix is in CVS HEAD
and RE24 (2.4.20 pre-release)
If this is the case, i'll just wait for 2.4.20 to be released.

Cheers
Brett