Re: unexpected userPassword content

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, Marten Lehmann wrote:

userPassword={MD5}wzNncBURtPYCDsYd7TUgWQ==

But when I retrieve the userPassword content later, I get this value:

e01ENX13ek5uY0JVUnRQWUNEc1lkN1RVZ1dRPT0=

What has openldap done to it?

http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1346.html -- you seem to have at least some of the idea with your "hex2b64" line...actually, given your area of interest here, that whole FAQ section is probably a good read.

What do I have to do with the cleartext password to get the same value?

$ echo e01ENX13ek5uY0JVUnRQWUNEc1lkN1RVZ1dRPT0= | openssl enc -d -base64
{MD5}wzNncBURtPYCDsYd7TUgWQ==

looks like what you got out is the same as what you put in...hopefully that's a good thing? (I didn't check that you hashed it right, maybe what you said was a bad thing?)