Re: contextCSN with empty suffix

Hi,

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009, Howard Chu wrote:

Christian Kratzer wrote:
Hi,

we have a customer who runs an openldap installation with an empty suffix as in

    suffix ""

<snipp/>

There are some situations where this type of config may run into problems, but in most cases it works fine. For the rare problem cases, (e.g., using proxy syncrepl) an option has been introduced in 2.4.20 to allow the contextCSN to be stored in a dedicated subentry instead of in the suffix entry (See ITS#6373). But if you're not using proxy syncrepl, there's nothing to worry about.

thanks for the clarification.  I will leave it up to them to decide if
they want to clean up the otherwise unnessary empty suffix or just leave
it as is.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck@cksoft.de                  Schwarzwaldstr. 31