Re: tcmalloc

--On Sunday, November 22, 2009 02:21:41 PM +1000 "Brett @Google" <brett.maxfield@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering of anybody has used much of tcmalloc (from google
performance tools) and has any opinion they care to share with regards to
performance of berkeleydb/openldap toolset ?

Seems about the same with as without for a simple slapadd, but i'd expect
that wins would be more around a highly loaded server, not the initial load
process?

(investigations continue however, server loading is next)

Cheers
Brett

The only authenticated binds to our directory service that we support
are GSSAPI binds.  On Linux, Cyrus SASL/malloc leak memory bad enough
that without either hoard or tcmalloc OpenLDAP is unusable.

Bill

--

Bill MacAllister, System Software Programmer
Unix Systems Group, Stanford University