syncrepl and push-based replication like slurpd http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html#Syncrepl%20Proxy

Hello together,

I'm using openldap 2.4.11 on Debian GNU/Linux lenny.
I have problems to understand the admin guide part about the
configuration of push-based syncrepl like slurpd
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html#Syncrepl%20Proxy

The syncrepl setup needs to be like slurpd because the master LDAP
server is in the LAN and LDAP data needs to be push to external servers
which cannot access the LAN (firewalled for security reasons).

So I need to configure the described "18.3.5. Syncrepl Proxy" setup.
The description talks about "uri             ldap://localhost:9012/"; and
"provider=ldap://localhost:9011/"; but on these ports nothing is
listening.

As far as I understand I need to configure from where I pull the data
(syncrepl provider which is clear) but the point I don't understand is
where to set the slave server which slapd-ldap connects to push data to.
Beside the manpage and the admin guide I couldn't find any helpful
documentation which helps me to understand this desired setup

Could you help me to understand it?

Thank you.

--
Noèl Köthe <noel debian.org>