Re: Syncrepl: 3 simple questions

"Torsten Schlabach (Tascel eG)" <tschlabach@tascel.net> writes:

> Hi!
>
>> web2ldap
>
> Never seen that one before, thanks. So far we have been using either
> phpldapadmin (for web) or GQ LDAP client (desktop).
>
>> - no activation of syncprov overlay
>
> We found out already that it's "available", see below.
>
> So is there a difference between "it's available", "it's loaded" and
> "it's actually active"?

Yes, there are differences.
If you search rootdn for particular features like controls, the
returned result only indicates that these features are known to the
DSA, but that does not always indicate that controls are supported by
the DSA. You may read ldap.h for controls not implemented in slapd.
In OpenLDAP, if you configure an overlay module to be loaded by means
of moduleload in slapd.conf, this overlay module is loaded but the
overlay itself is still not active, this has to be done by the
parameter 'overlay' and additional configuration paramters, if
applicable.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung