Re: SASL Mech EXTERNAL disabled?

"Dieter Kluenter" <dieter@dkluenter.de> writes:

> Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> writes:
>
>> Dieter Kluenter wrote:
>>> The update was from 2.4.17 to 2.4.18 build with openssl.
> [...]
>>
>> Still works for me. Have your certificates expired?
[...]

> This is rather strange, the error happens on my laptop, I just ran
> ldapwhoami on my x64 server, same configuration, same openldap
> version, with no problems. I think I have to dig into this matter.

Found the culprit. For some unknown reason the openldap package update
modified the init script to run slapd with flag -f
/path/to/slapd.conf instead of -F, and slapd.conf indeed contained the
line 'TLSVerfiyClient never'. Sorry for the noise.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
sip: +49.180.1555.7770535