Re: slapd consumer deletes entries

On 9/19/09, Tony Smith <tony.smith.124@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 9/18/09, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:
>  > --On Friday, September 18, 2009 7:37 PM +0100 Tony Smith
>  > <tony.smith.124@googlemail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >
>  > > Hello,
>  > >
>  >
>  >  Hi Tony,
>  >
>  >  This is due to a common mistake of using "attrs=*", which removes the
>  > operational attributes that syncrepl uses to track changes.  I really wish I
>  > knew where people got this from, because 99.999999% of the time you do not
>  > want to use this value.  You should not specify the attrs= line at all in a
>  > syncrepl configuration unless you really really need to limit replication in
>  > some way.  If you want to keep the attrs line, change it to attrs="*,+" so
>  > that all attributes are replicated.
>

> thank you Quanah, very much appreciated! I copied the config from some
>  howto and didn't really understand how each option works.

Update: the deletion still happens after I commented out the attrs
line, or changed it to attrs="*,+". I tried to comment out other
options as well, and it seems that after leaving out these options the
problem is gone:

        #filter="(objectClass=*)"
        #scope=sub
        #schemachecking=off

I don't really understand the impact of each; I post it here in case
it might be helpful for someone else.

Regards,
Tony