Re: ACL problem in slapd.conf

Jonathan Clarke wrote:

2) You can enable loglevel acl in your configuration file and check the logs to see which rules are being used.

I hope this helps. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here with your full set of ACLs, and information on the version of slapd you're using.

I think I have it working with changing this set of ACLs:

access to attrs=userPassword,sambaLMPassword,sambaNTPassword
    by self write
    by dn="uid=replica,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com" write
    by anonymous auth
by * none

access to *
    by dn="uid=replica,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com" write
    by * read

to this:

access to attrs=userPassword,sambaLMPassword,sambaNTPassword
    by self write
    by dn="uid=replica,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com" write
    by anonymous auth
    by * none

access to dn.subtree="ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com"
    by dn="uid=Operator,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com" write
    by * read
    by self write
    by dn="uid=replica,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com" write
    by anonymous auth
    by * none

access to dn.subtree="ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com"
    by dn="uid=Operator,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com" write
    by * read
    by self write
    by dn="uid=replica,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com" write
    by anonymous auth
    by * none

access to *
    by dn="uid=replica,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com" write
    by * read

And I think I should comment out "by anonymous auth" from the two entries I added...

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org