Re: OpenLDAP Overlay modules load problem

On 16/08/2009 13:46, Jittinan Suwanrueangsri wrote:
I have compiled  OpenLDAP 2.4.16 from source by using following command

*CC=gcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.7/include
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.7/lib
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.7/lib ./configure --enable-bdb
--enable-hdb --with-cyrus-sasl --with-tls --enable-ldap --enable-overlays
*

After that I configure slapd.conf  to load denyop overlay module but
slapd can not load it .I have not seen any file name denyop  or similar
one in file sysem.Where is a path of openldap overlay moudules?

Hi,

Given the command line you used to configure OpenLDAP, all overlays are built statically into the slapd executable. You don't need to load them, you can just use them.

If you want to use dynamic modules, configure with --enable-modules and --enable-overlays=mod.

The default path for modules is $PREFIX/libexec/openldap/.

Hope this helps,
Jonathan

Jonathan Clarke - jonathan@phillipoux.net
Ldap Synchronization Connector (LSC) - http://lsc-project.org