Re: Delta-Sync w/ TLS troubles

Peter Clark <clarkp@mtmary.edu> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have a FreeBSD 7.2 Release box with openldap-2.4.16 installed on it. I
> have followed the Admin guide to setting up Delta-Sync replication and
> it works as long as I do not use either the "ldaps" or "starttls=yes" on
> the slave. ie:
>
> syncrepl  rid=0
>         provider=ldap://joe.pdq.edu
>         starttls=yes
>         bindmethod=simple
>         binddn="cn=ldaproot,dc=pdq,dc=edu"
>         credentials="XXXXXXXXX"
>         searchbase="dc=pdq,dc=edu"
>         logbase="cn=accesslog"
>         logfilter="(&(objectClass=auditWriteObject)(reqResult=0))"
>         schemachecking=on
>         type=refreshAndPersist
>         retry="60 +"
>         syncdata=accesslog

I am missing at least the path to the CA file, something like
tls_cacert=<path.to.file>
man slapd.conf(5) for more tls related configuration parameters.

This is my slapd.conf
syncrepl rid=05
        provider=ldap://some.host
        sizelimit=unlimited
        bindmethod=sasl
        saslmech=external
        starttls=yes
        tls_cert=/opt/openldap/etc/openldap/certs/replicator.pem
        tls_key=/opt/openldap/etc/openldap/certs/replicator-key.pem
        tls_cacert=/opt/openldap/etc/openldap/certs/avciCA.pem
        tls_reqcert=try
        searchbase="o=avci,c=de"
        scope=sub
        type=refreshAndPersist