Re: LDAP cn=config Newbie Question

Calos Lopez wrote:
Hi there,

I'm entering in the OpenLDAP world and I've installed from scratch an
2.4.16. Since version 2.3 the configuration of OpenLDAP are stored has
ldif entries but many examples still continues assume that we are
working with ldap.conf file.
For instance, I'm trying to set up  a replication scenario with
syncrepl following this tutorial
http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/ch7/#ol-syncrepl but all the examples
are based in ldap.conf files.

Since the Zytrax book is just a plagiarized copy of the OpenLDAP docs, you're better off using the actual OpenLDAP docs. Which by the way are already included in the source tarballs, so should already be on your machine. You can read it on the web here if you can't find it on your machine:

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/slapdconf2.html#Database-specific Directives

My question where do I enter the config
settings for syncrepl? In the olcDatabase={1} or bdb,
olcDatabase={-1}frontend ? What are the names of the attributes that I
must insert to the equivalent to the ldap.conf entries :

syncrepl rid=000
   provider=ldap://master-ldap.example.com
   type=refreshAndPersist
   retry="5 5 300 +"
   searchbase="dc=example,dc=com"
   attrs="*,+"
   bindmethod=simple
   binddn="cn=admin,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com"
   credentials=dirtysecret

I'm really a bit confused what is the method for configurate LDAP
server since this new configuration paradigm cn=config.

All help will be very useful.

Best regards

--
  -- Howard Chu