Re: openldap 2.4.16 hangs with dncachesize smaller than max number of records

--On Wednesday, June 17, 2009 5:25 AM -0700 Rodrigo Costa <rlvcosta@yahoo.com> wrote:

Could this be a configuration issue? I do not think but I'm putting
below my cache configuration :

# Cache values
cachesize       10000
dncachesize     3000000
idlcachesize    10000
cachefree       10

These values are extremely low (except for dncachesize) for a system with 4 million records. I'd expect something more like:

cachesize 4000000
dncachesize 3000000
idlcachesize 8000000
cachefree 100000

or something along those lines. Particularly in the case of your ldapsearch, cachesize is likely the most relevant. Try playing with the settings a bit more.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer