Questions about the Monitor Backend

Hello,

I have recently upgraded from 2.3.24 to 2.4.16.
I find two points confusing in the "Monitor Backend" section
of the B annex "Upgrading from 2.3.x" in the admin guide
(http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/appendix-upgrading.html#Monitor%20Backend ).

First my slapd happily starts even when I have no rootdn in my "database monitor" section.

Second the example of the admin guide reads:
      database monitor
      rootdn cn=monitor
      rootpw change_me

Is it on purpose that the rootdn equals the hadcoded suffix of the monitor database?

In the "Monitor" section of the admin guide, the example reads:
       database monitor
       rootdn "cn=monitoring,cn=Monitor"
       rootpw monitoring

The choice of the rootdn seems much more intuitive but then it seems
a bit weird to not use it in the ACL below:
        access to dn.subtree="cn=Monitor"
             by dn.exact="uid=Admin,dc=my,dc=org" write
             by users read
             by * none

Can someone please post his monitor configuration?

Regards,
Thierry