Re: strange behavior of openldap: missing record in ldapsearch

Buchan Milne wrote:
On Thursday 07 May 2009 05:46:44 Zhang Weiwu wrote:
First there is a record with value that fits (businessCategory=C16.1*),
verified in STEP 1, second, searching with '(businessCategory=C16.1*)'
couldn't find it, demonstrated in STEP2.

Did you add an index statement to slapd.conf for businessCategory, and forget to actually index the existing entries (by running slapindex)? That will always result in the behaviour you see.
Thank you very much. You are definitely right, I did changed setting and forget to index existing entries.

NOw I just redo the indexing and our server turns out fine.

I think maybe the experience of changing setting and being able to get search result fooled me in the past. Thanks.