Re: openldap2.4.16 and BDB4.7 not sync configured as provider/consumer

Quanah,

My understanding is that attrs doesn't need to exist in config since by
default all attributes are shared.

My original plan was to remove some tasks from the provider, like
backup, running a slapcat in the consumer(slave). Based in the
requirement to load the consumer(slave) using a master LDIF dump I'm not
sure if this is really feasible.

My idea was :
1)Have a provider/consumer running;
2)Execute LDIF and binary backups in the consumer(slave)
3)In a case of problem in the master just let a HA SW move the master to
slave and then load "old master" using the slave LDIF file(recovering
procedure).

Is this feasible? Could for replication purposes copy the binary bdb
files from master to slave or vice-verse to recover system?

Regards,

Rodrigo.

Regards,

Rodrigo.