syntax of ldap_modify_s

Hi,

I am attempting to make an ldap_modify_s from an Objective C
application running on a mac. When I attempt to make a test
modification I get the error EXC_BAD_ACCESS which generally means that
a variable has gone out of scope. However, I do not see how any of the
variable involved could have fallen out of scope, so I'm not sure my
mod syntax is correct...

LDAP *ld;
ld = ldap_init(host, PORTNUMBER);

char *user = NULL;
char *pass = NULL;

int rc;
rc = ldap_simple_bind_s( ld, user, pass );

LDAPMod *modM;
char *dn = "uflEduUniversityId=28833300,ou=People,dc=ufl,dc=edu";
char** vals0;
modM->mod_op = LDAP_MOD_REPLACE;
modM->mod_type = "mail";
vals0[0] = "eric@ntu.ac.uk";
modM->mod_values = vals0;

int i = ldap_modify_s(ld, dn, modM);

Host and port number are defined earlier in the script.

I know that I'm trying to do a modification with a null bind, but I
would expect to see Invalid Credentials rather than an access error...

Does the syntax of this modification look like it 'should' work?

Many thanks,
Ade

--

Ade St John-Bee