Re: Problems in OpenLDAP 2.4.11

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
John Du <jjohndu@gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

We have been running OpenLDAP 2.2.13 on RHEL4 for a few years without
problems.  We recently upgraded OpenLDAP to 2.4.11 to use the
multi-master capability.  After upgrade, we are having 2 problems with
the new version.

1.  We have an attribute c in the ou=People sub-tree.  The value can
be either US or CA.  Now if we search "c=US" or "c=CA", we do not get
any matches.  But if we do "c=U*", it finds all the c=US entries. Same
thing happens to c=C*.

2.  LAM  2.5.0 (LDAP Account Manager) cannot browse the schema on the
new server.  It says "Unable to retrieve schema".  LAM worked fine
with OpenLDAP 2.2.13.

I would appreciate any information that would help us resolve the problem.

Please provide some more information, i.e. configuration of indexes
and access rules to cn=subschema, as well as examples of search
strings.

Thanks to all who have responded to my questions.

I fixed the two problems.

Problem one was fixed by adding an "access to dn.subtree="cn=SubSchema by * read".

Problem 2 was fixed by adding an index:  "index   c        eq,sub"

I thought the root DN is not subject any access control rules but that does not seem to be the case.  I do not understand why I have to add the index for the new server but not for the old one.

Anyways, thank you for your help.

-Dieter